Stay, Shop and Explore Ketchikan
Prize dates: 6/1 – 6/6
Ideally located between mountains and the protected ocean waters of the Inside Passage – all within America’s largest national forest – Ketchikan provides the perfect setting for your Alaska staycation. Visit the largest collections of totem poles in the world and see the work of Native artists who have dedicated themselves to teaching younger generations. A busy seaport and sportfishing destination, Ketchikan offers access to adventure and wildlife viewing on land and sea and is the jumping-off point for flightseeing Misty Fiords National Monument. All this plus a busy, charming downtown with lots of shops and galleries, restaurants and local brewers.
Prize package description:
- Experience the gorgeous spectacle of Alaska with two nights at Ketchikan’s beautiful Cape Fox Lodge. Nestled into America’s largest national forest high on a hilltop, all rooms enjoy a mountain or water view. The hotel overlooks downtown Ketchikan, with its buildings and streets built on pilings; and the sheltered channel busy with fishing boats and floatplanes taking off. Enjoy the amenities of this full-service hotel, with restaurant and lounge on-site and authentic Alaska Native artifacts on display, including the Circle of the Clans totem poles at the main entrance. Stroll the many nearby galleries to purchase local art.
- Also included is use of a rental car for a day to explore the community, visit one of the area’s famous totem parks and enjoy hiking Deer Mountain or Tongass National Forest.
- You also receive a gift basket containing cash for a shopping spree and representative items from Ketchikan retail stores and galleries.
- Hotel stay and room rates based on availability.
- Prize package must be used and will expire in 2021.
Package retail value: $1,100.00