Fish, Stay and Play
Prize dates: 5/11-5/16
Petersburg is located on Frederick Sound near the summer feeding grounds of hundreds of humpback whales. The Stikine-LeConte Wilderness Area, with the spectacular LeConte Glacier calving off tons of bright, blue icebergs, is just a short boat ride away. Whether your interest is hiking our many beautiful trails, flightseeing over the glaciers, chartering a boat for whale watching or a glacier trip, birding, sports fishing or sightseeing, Petersburg has it! Petersburg is also an island community that continues to make a living from the sea. We have three beautiful harbors that house our large fishing fleet. We attract the smaller cruise ships, private yachts and pleasure boats to town in the summer months. Leave the crowds behind and take a trip to this thriving community that still holds on to its small-town roots.
Prize Package Description:
- Two-night stay in Petersburg, Alaska’s Little Norway, at the Chinook Guest Room. Enjoy great views and comfort downtown within walking distance of the ferry terminal and South Harbor. Your stay includes the use of two bikes.
- Get around town to local hot spots with a two-day car rental provided by the Tides Inn.
- Experience the world’s best fishing with Indigenous Adventure Charters on a half-day charter.
- Then cruise out to LeConte Glacier on a half-day boat tour with Seek Alaska – Keep an eye out for whales, seals, bald eagles and maybe even bears prowling the shoreline.
- Dates available are between June 15 – August 15, 2021. Cannot be used July 4, 2021.
Package Retail Value: $1,360