Explore the Wonders of Alaska’s Arctic
Prize dates: 6/29 – 7/4
Welcome to the real Alaska. From friendly, modern Fairbanks, you’ll launch as much adventure as you want, from one of Alaska’s most popular attractions, Chena Hot Springs, to riding four-wheeler ATVs to great museums and restaurants. Known for super warm summers and super cold winters, Fairbanks is one of the very best places to see the northern lights. You can even hire a dog sled team and guide to take you out to where the sky lights dance above a snowy paradise. And it’s an easy flight to the north to see above the Arctic Circle, maybe even a few polar bears. Fairbanks is friendly, fun and inviting.
Prize package description:
- Welcome to the Golden Heart City! Begin with a two-night stay in the well-appointed and centrally located Sophies Station Hotel, and one night at the Moose Lodge at Chena Hot Springs Resort.
- Ride in style with an AWD vehicle for four days to transport you to all the following attractions, tours, meals and more!
- Discover the University of Alaska Museum of the North and the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum.
- Chase the aurora with a Fairbanks expert. Learn aurora photography basics and get that perfect shot to commemorate your trip to Fairbanks (available August 21 to December 20).
- See the iconic Golden Heart Plaza, Chena River, Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center and farthest North Antler Arch. Top off your downtown visit with a trip to a coffee shop or taproom and a local art gallery where you will receive a gift certificate to purchase a made-in-Alaska gift to take home with you.
- Dinner and drinks at the historic Pumphouse Restaurant located on the Chena River.
- Enjoy the rock lake hot spring, the spectacular ice museum, aurora viewing and more at Chena Hot Springs Resort! Have a delicious dinner and breakfast at the resort’s superb restaurant.
- Go on a one-day journey by air and land over the Arctic Circle with Northern Alaska Tour Company. The flight for two is by small plane from Fairbanks north across the Arctic Circle and land in the Brooks Mountain Range at Coldfoot – home of the northernmost truck stop. Hear the story of Alaska’s Arctic from your guide as you make your way south on the Dalton Highway. See up-close the Arctic Tundra, the Arctic Circle sign, the trans-Alaska pipeline and the mighty Yukon River. Plenty of opportunity to get out and take pictures. All guests take home an official Arctic Circle Certificate.
- Expires: December 20, 2021.
Package retail value: $2,500.00